Top 3 Reasons Why Acupuncture Works for Insomnia
Do you have trouble sleeping? You are not alone. According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, roughly 50 to 70 million people suffer from sleep disturbances, and 8.5 million adults rely on prescription medication to sleep. One out of three adults will suffer from insomnia at some point in their lives.
Sleep deprivation can result in various health and life problems. Such as:
- Accelerating your aging process
- Negatively affects your cognitive functions
- Lowers your sex drive
- Puts you at a higher risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes
- Affects your mood, increasing your risk of depression
- Increases your risk of being in a car accident
Chinese Medicine offers one of the best alternative methods for treating Insomnia. There are no sides effects, where as prescription drugs can cause addiction, digestive disturbances, daytime drowsiness, changes in your appetite, or mentally slow your cognitive functions.
1. Research has shown that acupuncture increases nocturnal melatonin secretion.
Melatonin is vital for your health, and here is why:
- It breaks down the active and energetic hormones in your body, allowing you to sleep and rest.
- As one of the most powerful anti-oxidants in your body, melatonin works at night. It goes thru all the cells in the body to clean out free radicals and toxins.
- Melatonin also slows down your system, allowing your vital organs to rest.
Since melatonin is dependent on your sleep. It is very important to get a restful night of sleep. By increasing levels of melatonin in the body, acupuncture is key factor for anti-aging and optimal health.
2. Acupuncture increases serotonin levels. This is your feel good chemical. It maintains your mood balance, a decrease amount of serotonin can lead to depression. Acupuncture sessions can uplift your mood leading to more happiness and a sense of peace.
3. Acupuncture treats the underlying conditions such as stress, depression or anxiety. Specifically, chronic and acute pain that can lead to insomnia. Hormones beta-endorphin and adrenocorticotropic (ACTH) release during acupunctures sessions that generate body wide pain relief and carry anti-inflammatory properties.
Acupuncture is a holistic medicine, even if you are getting treatment for other ailments your sleep will improve with regular sessions.
Want some tips specifically on your health condition? Schedule a free 15 min phone consultation or email me at email@example.com.